Friday, April 17, 2009

Reasons to Live

There are times it’s hard in the morning to get out of bed.
You think to yourself you’d be better off dead.
And sometimes you struggle to find anything left in you to give.
I’ve been down that path many times and here are some reasons why I live.
I live for each sunrise of a brand new day.
I live for the hope of things going in a better way.
I live for the blessings I can not yet see.
I live in hopes of becoming a better me.
Life may give you a hand that is hard to deal.
And you are sick and tired of everything that you feel.
And it’s hard to see the light at the end.
But there is still hope for you my friend.
There are times you feel you have nothing to give.
But here are some reasons for you to live.
Live for each moment that comes to you.
You never realize how much you can truly get through.
Live for the excitement of what may be around the bend.
Never give up cause given time the heart does mend.
Live for each day giving it your very best.
Before you know you will have overcome the test.
Live for hope, joy and love that is all around.
Live in knowing that you are special and in your life so much joy is found.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Have fun with Lincoln today! We did!

Jessica said...

Great poem!