Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm an odd One

I need to stop watching old movies and becoming a fan of all the old timers most of which are no longer among the living. And yet I'm proud to be an old timer fan. In truth sometimes the older movies are better than today's. I will say though I do like today's movies as well and quite a few of today's actors. But I'm a fan of quite a few of the older ones too.

For example ~
Today Actors ----------------- Old Timers
Tom Hanks -------------------- Gene Kelly
Robin Williams --------------- Donald O'Connor
Matthew Broderick ------------ Elvis Presley
Denzel Washington ------------ Montgomery Clift
Meg Ryan --------------------- James Stewart
Julia Roberts ---------------- Yul Brynner

Today Movies ---------------- Old Timer Movies
Time Traveler's Wife -------- The King and I
Marley and Me --------------- Singin' in the Rain
Old Dogs -------------------- I Confess
The Blind Side -------------- It's a Wonderful Life
Dear John ------------------- Jailhouse Rock
The Lovely Bones ------------ It Happened One Night


To name a few.

1 comment:

Joe Around the Corner said...

Nice selection. I like it!
Me.