Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Something I just thought about

You know it's weird, as much as I loved and still love Uncle Joe, he and I weren't all that close. I know that he loved me and still loves me and always wanted me to be happy and what was best for me. Yet I feel a huge loss with his passing. More so than with my grandmothers. A few reasons for this I think is one both grandmothers were in their 80s and had lived their lives. All their children are grown and had families of their own. Also that were having health problems for a long time. They just seemed old. Uncle Joe on the other had was only 64 and lived everyday to it's fullest. Though all his children are grown not all of their full families yet. The two youngest just got married last year. Thankfully he was able to attend both.
I don't know what it is or why I feel such a loss other than maybe I regret not being closer to him. Or just cause as stated many times at the funeral of just how wonderful and amazing he was and there is a whole there now that I never realized he filled before. Just a thought or a few thoughts I had.

1 comment:

EagleOne said...

I know how that feels. My husband's dad passed away last week at the age of 50. Way before his time. He wasn't even a grandpa yet.