Thursday, December 25, 2008

I Imagine

Eariler this month I had a passenger who was deaf. For those who don't know I write poetry. Or at least atempt to write poetry. I would tell you I'm not that good. I've had others tell me otherwise though. Since August of last year I've written over 300 poems. But back to this one. So with the deaf passenger I got the idea to write a poem about things that people see and do through the eyes of someone who can't hear. So here it is. I titled I Imagine.

I see the rain, but it doesn't make a sound.
Kids jump in puddles everywhere around.
I imagine their squeals, by the looks on their face.
All covered in water, cold and shivering wanting a warm embrace.
I see trees sway back and forth, but not the howl of the wind do I hear.
Mothers give their little ones hot coco in the cold times of year.
I imagine their warmth of gratitue from each child's chocolate mustash smile.
How it must fill a mother's heart with joy and make life worth while.
I can see a gathering of people on a gloomy gray day.
Though I can't hear I can see what their hearts must say.
I imagine well wishes and hugs and tears,
As the best friend fakes a smile and says she's all ears.
As I sit at a friend's wedding, though I can't hear a word.
No need to imagine, just by the look in their eyes no words need to be heard.
I see the excitied and paniced look of a new expectant father as he lead his wife to the car.
I imagine the look of pain on her face is enough to know the baby's arrival isn't far.
You don't need to hear to know when you see things others do.
When done with love and care their actions a re real and true.

No comments: