Friday, May 8, 2009

Joseph's Death

I imagine fear I’m sure that he felt.
How hard it was the card that had been dealt.
I can only imagine the pain in his heart.
Knowing that soon this world he would part.
Knowing that he would leave all his loved ones behind.
That he couldn’t go back now and make things rewind.
A hand on his shoulder from his brother and friend.
The love that he felt and the love that could never end.
I imagine anger and fear as footsteps could be heard.
A blank look on his face as he said not a word.
I can’t imagine the feelings he had watching his brother fall the to floor.
Thinking back on all the times he’d been there for him before.
A look to the window though know he couldn’t get away.
I know why and I understand but still brings me tears when thinking of how Joseph died that day.

No comments: