Thursday, August 6, 2009

If I only Said

It’s been a year since I last saw you.
And I do miss you and love you the rest of my life through.
A lot has changed within that year.
I wish I could have seen then what I now see so clear.
If I could have so much I would have said.
But I guess it’s too late now that you’re dead.
If only I said all you mean to me.
Then maybe this emptiness would set me free.
If only I said what a gift you are.
Then maybe now you wouldn’t feel so far.
If only I said what was in my heart.
Then maybe I would have loved you more from the very start.
It’s been a year since I said my goodbye.
Now all alone I sit here and cry.
I wish I could have seen just what you mean to me.
Then maybe all this anger and fear wouldn’t be.
If only I said I love you one last time.
This might be an easier climb.
If I only had taken the chance to say all I should have said.
But now it’s too late now that you’re dead.

No comments: