Monday, October 6, 2008

My Relief

I know that I need to get out more and need more of a life. But when I'm going through a dark spot I have six major comforts or reliefs.
1) Figure Skating - I can't skate worth beans but it almost never fails me when I just need something to get my mind off my sorrow, figure skating does the trick. It just takes me to the competition or event and I feel as if I'm almost apart of it.
2) Music - My number three and four fall into this catorgory and somewhat so does figure skating. But each also play it's own part. I've loved music as long as I can remember. Growing up I did ballet, choir and took piano lessons. I've learned that music is somewhat like thearpy. It just calms me and gives me peace. It takes me anywhere my imagination wants to take me.
3) Josh Groban - His voice is so magical and powerful it's like a dream. A dream I don't want to wake up from. He sings from his heart and you can not just hear the passion in his voice but also feel it. It sends chills up my spine that no other artist has ever been able to do. Plus to me he's smokin' hot!
4) Elvis Presley - In the last six months with everything that I've been having to go through, Elvis has been a major relief. In the last six months I've been tried so strongly and so much that I've felt like I could just crumble. But instead I listen to Elvis or watch one of his movies, concerts or on youtube and see how corny he was and it just cracks me up. When I listen to Elvis I forget about everything. And for that brief moment I have no problems.
5) Writting - I love writting. As of today I have 19 diaries, 1,730 pages in my life story, over 200 poems and several little short stories that I've written or writting. When I write I get to be that character I'm writting about or I get to put myself in a different situation that maybe I've never been in, and have to figure out what I would do if it was me. Or when I write a poem I can take something from my past and throw in a twist or just get my feelings off my chest. In my diaries and life story I can go back to when things weren't so hard and remember the good life has in store. Or go back when I was struggling and see what I did that helped then and maybe to try to apply it to what I'm going through now.
6) Tigger - I know this one seems a little off beat. And yes I mean Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. I just love him. And when I'm down I just give a little squeeze or cry into is stuffing and I feel better. It's hard to discribe really how Tigger is a relief. He's more like a seurity blanket.

No comments: