Friday, February 13, 2009

A poem from Tuesday February 2, 2009

Everything went wrong Today

Everything went wrong today.
From the moment I got up and went on my way.
I’ve gone through the day with tear filled eyes.
Even though it felt like it no rain came from the skies.
I struggled to think positive about life.
Especially with pain stabbing like a knife.
I just hated everything around.
And no peace could be found.
Then all at once with a few simple words.
Peace started to fill my soul like musical cords.
And I felt better about the day.
And I knew all I needed to do was pray.
Though prayer I’ve struggled with my whole life through.
With Heavenly Father as my friend I don’t need to feel blue.
And though everything went wrong today.
Heavenly Father and Christ are here to stay.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Love the poem. I too have found that I can't make it through the day with out prayer. At the end of the day, it seems like I made it because I had help from above. You are amazing with words.

Grandma had a great day yesterday. She was alert, and didn't fade in and out.